Today I spend some time talking about important changes to the COVID-19 rules. Again. I know all you want to do is go back to binge watching Tiger King, but take out 5 minutes and have a listen. I talk about:
- Deferment accounts (no you don’t get extra time to settle up with SARS).
- Expedited registration process for companies who have never been registered to import before now
- The 621.008 alcohol rebate. There is a a large risk developing here and we will soon be running a course or webinar on using alcohol to manufacture disinfectant.
- Port congestion and how SARS are going to manage inspections
- Another update of rebate item 412.11. Importantly the new development of claiming back refunds of duties paid if the certificate is not issued on time by ITAC
Here we go. Pick up your popcorn and watch.