The Steel Committee was created by Minister Patel, in June 2016, to
“monitor and make recommendations to the Commission of:
- The impact of the changes in import tariffs and trade remedies applicable to the primary steel industry on:
- Downstream users in the steel industry
- the pricing of the products of producers in the primary steel industry to downstream users; and
- the steel industry generally.
- The commitments made by applicants for such changes in import tariffs and their impact on job creation and job retention, industrial output, investments in plant, equipment, skills, research, development, technology and economic investments.
- Jobs in the full steel industry value chain; and
- Import and export trends in the steel industry value chain.”
This committee was established for a period of 5 years, until 9 June 2021.
What has the steel committee accomplished?
This is a difficult question to answer as they don’t publish reports. The current state of the steel industry (both up and downstream) is alarming though, so we must assume they will be kept really busy.
Should you be a part of the steel industry and wish to have access to this committee, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org